Practice fees as of November 2018 are as follows:
**Providence Medical Shoal and Anna Bay is a mixed billing practice. **Bulk Billing may be available for:
- Local patients of the practice who are under 16 years
- Dept. of Veteran Affairs patients
- Local patients with Government Health Care or Pension Card
- Care Plan and Health Assessment appointments
- Immunisation appointments (other than travel and excludes fee for private vaccinations)
For patients not fitting into the above categories or patients electing to be private patients, and for travel consultations, the following fees apply:
|Service||Fee||MBS rebate||Gap Fee|
- Workers Compensation is billed at the AMA rate and once a claim has been established we are happy to send accounts to the Insurance Company.
- Insurance consultations (eg Life / Income) are billed at the AMA rate & payment is required at time of consultation.
- Overseas tourists are not entitled to Australian Medicare rebates – please discuss with staff.
- Procedures: A fee maybe charged for some procedures. Your Doctor will discuss with you.
- All initial Travel Consultations are privately feed.
- Patients with concession cards may elect to be seen as private patients. This will make it easier to get an appointment with your regular doctor. Some of our doctors are only taking on new patients who elect to be seen privately. Our staff will discuss this with you.
- All payments due are required at the time of consultation.
If you have paperwork or prescriptions that need URGENT attention, our staff will fit you in with your doctor (or another doctor if yours is unavailable).
OR you will be asked to pay a minimum $10 fee if you request the paperwork to be done after hours.
The ONLY exceptions will be palliative care patients and those rendered housebound by serious physical disease.
TMA Travel Clinic consultations are privately feed.
Travel medicine can be quite intricate and Medicare does not fund the databases we use to give highest quality advice. Because however we belong to an Australia wide group of specialist travel clinics we are able to buy vaccines in bulk and are able to charge our patients a very competitive price.
If you have any questions about our billing policy please discuss them with our friendly staff.