You need to know the signs of depression – not only for you, but also for your friends and family.
What are the signs of Depression? Have you experienced any of below symptoms for more than two weeks?
- not going out anymore
- not getting things done at work/school
- withdrawing from close family and friends
- overuse of alcohol and sedatives
- unable to concentrate
- lacking in confidence
- ‘I’m a failure.’
- ‘It’s my fault.’
- ‘Nothing good ever happens to me.’
- ‘I’m worthless.’
- tired all the time
- headaches and muscle pains
- churning gut
- sleep problems
- loss or change of appetite
- significant weight loss or gain
Remember that we all experience some of these symptoms from time to time, and it may not necessarily mean you’re depressed. Depression can sometimes be associated with anxiety and stress levels as well.
You don’t have to struggle alone. Talk to one of our GP’s today about Depression.